Saturday, February 13, 2010

Side Yard Mule Deer

Okay, these guys weren't exactly in the yard, they actually weren't on "our" property, but it is only about a 600 yard walk over to where they were.

There are sure getting to be more and more deer around, that's for sure. In the first 5 or 6 years we lived out here we saw 3 deer total, all years combined. Now It's getting to where I can see some deer about anytime I want to take a little walk. Last time I counted 8 and this time I saw 10.

The largest buck and a couple does ran off before I got a chance to take any pictures. There were 3 others down in the bottom that I took pictures of also, but I thought this group of 4 turned out the best.

I think if it was just me they might stick around a little longer, but my dogs have been going with me and the deer aren't sticking around long. About time to go.And they're off.. They really didn't run off that fast, just a nice trot. I'm hoping I'm not spooking them too badly that they will quit bedding down there. They have been pretty consistent the last couple months. I thought this picture with the cliff looked pretty cool.
Oh well, not much of a post. Just went out for a walk, took some pictures and thought I would share.

Nathan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Found your site through James Keller and just thought I'd say hey. :) I enjoyed your Paden website, it brings back memories.

Christine Bailey (Kanngiesser)
Calgary, Alberta (formally of Glendive)