Monday, September 10, 2007

More progress!


Well, the 31' trailer is now on location in rural Fisher county! Pulling the trailer down to the land went without a hitch and it fit perfect in the spot we had picked out for it.

Hooking up the electricity didn't work perfect as I had purchased a Square D "HOM" breaker and I needed a Square D "something else" breaker. Silly me just assumed that a Square D breaker was a Square D breaker! After a 130 mile round trip to Abilene (I got to the only hardware store in Sweetwater at 4:04 PM and they closed at 4:00 PM) I was good to go. Within 5 minutes of getting back the power was hooked up and running!

Another snafu was that the 3" PVC fittings that I had purchased didn't fit the 3" PVC that was hooked up to the trailer. I didn't find out about this until AFTER the 130 mile roundtrip into Abilene so the septic is not hooked up yet. The plumbing that was with the trailer was thinwalled PVC and the plumbing that I bought was thickwalled PVC. On smaller diameter PVC it still uses the same fittings but on 3" PVC the same fittings don't work. Another lesson learned.

The last mess up was that I forgot the key to my tractor at home! I had planned on using the tractor to pack the trench from the water line down some more and do a little more work around the trailer. Without a key, the tractor got to sit right where I had parked it.

I brought my camera but never got around to taking a picture of the trailer on site. I had intended to take a picture of the pickup pulling the trailer to give a good perspective on the size of the trailer, but I didn't do that either.

Looking at the radar it looks like it rained pretty good on the land so hopefully some of the loose dirt from the water line trench will have settled. I may end up moving the trailer and packing the trench in some more. The only drawback to the way the trailer ended up fitting was that the wheels ended up right where the water line trench was and they settled in a little and the trailer was sitting a little lower than it should. If I have time to pull the trailer forward a little, pack the dirt down and add some more dirt to the low spot that would help quite a bit.

I did get to dove hunt a little around the house on Sunday and shot 4 dove. I need to figure out how to hunt the wheat field a little better, there are plenty of dove out there but I can't seem to get them to fly around by myself.

Eli is doing good. We have been working on getting him to sleep through the night and he slept through the night 4 out of the last 5 nights and the last 3 nights in a row! The one night that he didn't sleep through the night he woke up crying about every 30 to 45 minutes though and that was miserable. He is growing up fast!

No comments: