Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Making progress...


After giving up on the windmill I called about hooking up to the rural water line that runs to the corner of my property and called about installing a septic system and as of the end of the day Friday I had running water and a septic system installed on the property. I was impressed with the speed and ease that they were able to dig the trenches, it looks like I have some pretty good soil.




Dove season opened on Saturday, but I was focused on getting everything working so I didn't spend much time hunting. I hauled my tractor down to the property to mow some of the weeds and fill in the trenches for the water lines and ended up making a bunch of bees mad! I bumped a stack of wood with my tractor and was swarmed by HUNDREDS of bees. I shut the tractor off and jumped to the ground on a full out sprint and was probably stung 20 or 30 times. After a few early attempts to recover my tractor, I just waited a couple hours and finally the bees settled down enough to allow me to jump on the tractor and drive it away.

I met the people who are leasing the property to the North of us and they seemed like really nice folks and had some good things to say about the quality of the wildlife in the area. I'm looking forward to seeing if the deer hunting will live up to my expectations.

I went to Weatherford on Saturday evening and spent Sunday with Cathy's parents and Eli. I sure had missed him. He is continuing to grow and get stronger and faster everyday. I think he will be walking within a month or so.

Well, I think that's about it for now. Planning on moving the nicer trailer down to the property on Saturday. Hopefully everything will go smoothly with that!

No comments: