Monday, September 24, 2007

Another week goes by....

Nothing too exciting this past week. Got to visit with our friends who live in Wyoming some more and did get to go hog hunting on the land in Fisher county. I think I shot a boar hog but somehow it disappeared into the brush and we never found it. Didn't find any blood or anything but I was pretty sure I had hit it. We didn't see anything else the entire night or the next morning but heard some coyotes howling. The trailer was nice to stay the night in and everything went well there. No one got stung by bees!!!

Angel helped me put the steering cylinder back on my tractor. At some point in the tractors lifetime it has been worked on before and several things were not the way they were supposed to be so it took a little more time and effort than we originally thought. The cylinder doesn't leak anymore, but there is still quite a bit of play in the steering so we may get a few more parts and take it apart and put it back together the right way at some point in the future.

I got to spend some time dove hunting and came close to limiting out for the first time ever. I went out at about 6:30 pm and shot 14 birds in just over an hour. I hung around for a while and was sure I would get my limit but a combination of poor shooting and bad luck kept me from getting there. I did get my first visit from a game warden while on my land around the house. He said he had been down in the canyon and heard shooting and figured he would come up and check it out.

Cathy was a group leader at a college ladies day on Saturday so I got to watch Eli. He is now saying Da Da (at least that's what it sounds like to us). Not sure if he knows what he is saying but he has said it several times now.

Another week in the life. Nathan

No comments: