Friday, April 24, 2009

Caught on Camera!

Well, this is old news now, but I had some down time in the Albuquerque airport yesterday and was finally able to sort through and upload some of the pictures I got off my trail cameras the last time I was down at the land.

I had looked at these pictures earlier, but finally got them uploaded. One of my trail cameras actually captured a picture a split second after I shot a couple pigs.

Here are a couple pigs coming into my feeder.

Here's the 2nd shot in the photo sequence 7 seconds later. (The camera takes 2 pictures in a row then waits 3 minutes before taking more pictures) I must have shot a split second before this picture snapped.
Then here I am a few minutes later wondering how the pig that I shot in the head got up and ran off.
It wasn't until I pulled the card on the camera and looked at it that I noticed that I had actually shot 2 pigs instead of just one. If you look closely the pig running off at the top of the 2nd picture was leaving a pretty good blood trail but I didn't notice it since it was dark and I was trying to figure out how the pig that I shot in the head got up and ran off.

There was very little blood where it had laid there and it laid there for at least 5 minutes before getting up and running off. I shot it with a 7mm Rem Mag so it wasn't short on knock down power. I looked for several hours the next morning and never found the head shot pig, but I did find the gut shot pig about 200 yards away. I guess I should quit trying head shots.

Thought it was interesting to have pretty much the actual shot on camera though.

Nathan

P.S. - The time stamp on the camera is wrong. It was really around 8:15 PM when I shot them.

No comments: