Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Well, things are picking up at work and it seems like I haven't had a chance to catch my breath, let alone update my blog.

I'm sitting in a hotel room in nowhere Arizona and finally am getting around to making a new post though.

We stopped by the land on the way back to Lubbock after visiting the in-laws for Thanksgiving and I was able to check my trail cameras. Had quite a few decent pictures, and one pretty nice buck that I hadn't ever seen before. Maybe next year I'll be able to spend some more time down there and be more selective on shooting a nice buck.

New pictures start on page 10 and go on to page 12. http://padens.com/v-web/gallery/album08?page=10

Here's a couple pictures of the new buck I hadn't ever seen before. I had several pictures of him over about a week time frame with many of them in the daytime.
Nice tall tines on this guy.
Some more pictures of a bobcat. I'm really hoping to get one of these guys in a trap this year.
One odd thing is that I didn't have any large sounders of pigs on camera this 2 week period. I did have a few different boar hogs that were hanging around pretty regular, but they were 100% nocturnal.
I moved a camera over onto my field where I had been seeing all the action last time I was down there. If you click on the picture to enlarge it and look really close you can see my tripod stand in the background right over the back of the doe on the left. It looks like a little black dot in the trees.
This buck looks pretty young. Not sure if I've seen him before or not but he looks like he has potential. Of course since I passed on the tall 11 I didn't get any pictures of him during these 2 weeks. Hopefully he is just being camera shy and someone else didn't shoot him.

I did find out that I had a water leak at some point and will be getting a water bill for 9,000+ gallons of water that leaked sometime during the 2 weeks. I have been letting my neighbors tap into my water supply instead of having to haul water out there, but unless I can figure out what caused the leak and make sure I can avoid a repeat of it I'm going to have to re-think our agreement.

I did get a chance to go pheasant hunting last Saturday and brought a couple birds home. I may get a chance to post on that sometime.

Well, that's it for now.

Nathan

No comments: