Friday, December 18, 2009

Backyard Buck

Got some decent pictures of a nice young mule deer buck at my house the other day. Probably a 3 1/2 year old. The county that I live in doesn't have many deer, so there is not a hunting season on them. I'm seeing more and more deer every year though, so maybe one of these years they will actually open up a season for them. I see about an equal number of mule deer and whitetail deer on my property.

I didn't have a good lens on the camera, and he didn't stick around long enough for me to go swap out lenses, so the pictures aren't that great, but you can get a general idea. We've seen him several times in the last few weeks so maybe I'll get a chance to get some better pictures of him sometime soon.

The only drawback to seeing deer around your house is that when the rut comes along they don't seem to like my pinon pine trees that I planted. Not many trees around here so it hurts to see this one beat up this bad. Not sure if it is gonna make it or not.

Nothing too exciting, but it is kind of neat to look out the window at breakfast and see a nice buck.

Nathan

No comments: