Monday, November 2, 2009

Trick or Treat... My 100th Post

I thought about making some kind of special post for my 100th post, but instead I'll just keep doing what the blog was intended to be, keeping an online diary of what's going on.

Of course Saturday was Halloween and we took Eli out Trick or Treating. I still have yet to see anyone giving out tricks instead of treats on Halloween, but I guess at some point that was an option!

Eli dressed up as Superman for Halloween this year and seemed to enjoy it quite a bit. Our church has been doing a "Trunk and Treat" for several years and we did that this year for the 2nd time. We probably had around 200 trick or treaters stop by our tailgate in right at 1 hour while we were there. Eli made the rounds and nearly ended up with as much candy as we gave out!

Here he is in his Superman costume. I think he was expecting this guy to pour the entire bowl of candy into his bag! He really seemed to enjoy passing out the candy to the other trick or treaters, but there were a few that scared him and instead of giving them candy, he covered his eyes! You probably can't see me in the picture since I'm dressed in all camo. ;-)
Some of our friend's son from church also ended up dressed as superman. I think they were discussing who the real superman was here.
I uploaded about 3 or 4 months worth of pictures into Eli's gallery last night, and am now pretty much caught up. There are a lot of pictures from this summer and fall in there including some from the elk hunting trip to Wyoming and several others. I really thought this picture of him in the sunflower field was cute. He is starting to say "cheese" for the camera, the only problem is that when he says "cheese" and smiles really big, he generally closes his eyes!
Here's a BUNCH more pictures of him if you are interested - http://padens.com/v-web/gallery/album09?page=4

Well, that's about it for this post. Some beautiful West Texas fall weather recently here. Hope everyone is doing really well.

Nathan

No comments: