Thursday, November 5, 2009

Newest toy is here!

Well, my new electric golf cart is here! I'm pretty happy with it. I talked them into throwing in a few extras and they knocked a little off the price so I went ahead and got one of the camo ones.

I've already sent 2 referrals to them who ended up buying carts as well, and I've told a bunch more about them so I think they should still be okay after knocking a little off the price. After you figure in the electric vehicle credit of $5,335.60 on this model, it costs less than most 250cc 2 wheel drive ATVs.

Here's the cart home and unloaded. It has a full windshield that the demo cart didn't have and I really like the look of the black seats and black wheels over the tan seats and steel wheels on the one that I demo'd. It's street legal with blinkers, a horn, lights, etc. The new one seems to be a little tighter overall and doesn't creak and squeak like the demo version did, but I'm sure after enough bumpy rides it will get some creaks and squeaks of it's own.

Here's another picture of it. The back seat folds down to a platform and I'm going to build a wooden box that will sit on the platform that I'll use for hauling things like logs and rocks along with things like my chainsaw, etc. That way I won't have to strap things down and I think it will prolong the life of the platform and the seats underneath as well. I already bought a winch for it at Harbor Freight and will also be buying a gun rack for it off ebay. We took a little family drive around the property with it when I got it home and were rewarded by seeing a couple small mule deer bucks on the western edge of the property. We would have probably still seen them if we were on a 4 wheeler or in the pickup, but I don't think the cart being very quiet hurt anything. We got within 100 yards of them before they saw us and decided to run away.

I'll be heading out to New Mexico tomorrow evening for opening day over there on Saturday. Hopefully I'll be updating the blog with a successful mule deer hunt before too long!

That's it for now. Nathan

No comments: