Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What a difference a year makes!

Well, I've been pretty bad on posting lately after doing so good there for a while. I've been pretty busy, just haven't had a chance to really post on things.

I've been down to the land a couple times in the last week already and am going back down this weekend to get some more work done. I'll try post on that next week.

Last year I called this buck the "Tall 8" (He is on the far left in this picture). I saw him nearly every time I hunted and found both of his shed antlers last year. If you give him a spread credit of 13" he scored just under 100". Maybe just a little better than normal for a 2 1/2 year old around here.

This year I guess I'm going to have to change his name to the "Tall 11". That's the same buck in the middle of the picture this year. He has a split G2 on his left side and although his G4's are pretty small he still might grow a tiny bit more this year. I think he would score close to 130" this year as a 3 1/2 year old.

Hopefully I'll be able to pass on him again this year and hopefully he will stay on my property enough again this year that he won't get shot by a neighbor. There are a couple other bucks I'm getting occasional pictures of that would be higher up my hit list than this guy. If he makes it to next year he will be REALLY nice!

I haven't gotten any pictures of Stickers in a few weeks so hopefully he hasn't already abandoned my property for the season. Most of the work I'm doing is designed to try to keep the mature bucks on my property but it may be a case of too little too late for him.

I'll report on my progress next week and post a few pictures.

That's it for now. Nathan

No comments: