Friday, January 2, 2009

Caught my first coyote!

Well, I went down to pull my traps today and was pretty discouraged. I pulled all the traps and didn't catch anything for the 3rd check in a row. I was getting ready to go home and remembered that I had a couple of snares set that I had forgot to pull up so I went to get them and what do you know! I had caught a coyote!


Here is a picture of the snare from when I set it.

It really doesn't look like a coyote would try to go through there, but they do. Not sure if they just don't see the snare or if they think they can go through it without it closing or what but I guess it works.

Not sure when I'll get back down to the land, I might still go quail hunting sometime before the season ends the first part of February but no plans anytime soon.

That's about it for now.

Nathan

No comments: