Monday, August 18, 2008

Okay, I'm slow. Another report on our vacation.

Well, just for giggles I took one of my trail cameras with me on vacation in Montana a few weeks ago. I tried a few spots with little success and then setup on this spring in a burned area.





It was on public land and I figured there was a chance at losing the camera but I didn't. I got 2 pictures of hikers looking at the spring but they didn't seem to notice the camera.

I was hoping for a bear but no luck. I did see a 2 year old bear in person about 50 yards away that was completely oblivious to me until I woofed at it and it ran up the hill.

There were a bunch of different cows and calves and they were VERY curious about the camera. At first I thought a bear must have been there because when I went to get it the first time it was crooked on the tree and there was mud on the front and back of the camera.





There were a bunch like this where they were checking out the camera up close and personal. They ended up getting mud all over the camera and knocked it off kilter a bit. I saw the mud and thought a bear must have messed with it, but it turns out it was just an elk's muddy nose.



It was fun and I was glad I set it up. The SD cards are really amazing, the one with these pictures on it went through the laundry when we got home and it still works!

No comments: