Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Trail Camera Pictures

Well, in between our trip to Kentucky and our trip on Montana I did manage to run down to the land to fill the feeders and check the cameras. I was also hoping to shoot a pig or two, but they didn't cooperate on that aspect.

I was very happy with some of the deer that I got on camera this month! Several of them are going to end up being pretty decent bucks and one of them could potentially be a Booner! He is already pretty impressive and based on the way the tips of his antlers are still rounded he still has some more growth ahead of him. I'm really looking forward to my next trip down to the property to check the cameras and see if I have any more pictures of him. I think he may be the 3 1/2 year old 11 point that I passed on a couple times last year. He is definitely at the top of my hit list for this year!

Here's a couple pictures of him. From the front.
Here's another buck that would be hard to pass up if I saw him first.
I thought this was a pretty neat picture. There are only 3 spouts to feed out of and 4 bucks hanging out wanting to eat. Looks like a boxing match broke out over the open feed spout!
And it looks like the pigs are back from a hiatus this summer. Hopefully I'll be able to take a few of them out or I'm going to end up completely overrun!

There are 23 pigs in this picture.

Oh well, I'm pretty excited about the bucks I'm getting on camera. Getting a picture of one in the summer isn't anywhere near the same as putting one on the ground during hunting season, but hopefully I'll be able to seal the deal on a big one this fall. I counted at least 9 different bucks on camera on a pretty regular basis so I should have a few to choose from anyway.

That's it for this post. I'll try to keep catching up.

Nathan

No comments: