Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bobcat mount is back!

Well, after a short 4 months, my bobcat is back and sitting in my office! I really like the laying down pose as it give a lot of different options on where to place it. There's a picture on a world famous taxidermists website of a bobcat mount laying on the couch that looks awesome, so I took a couple pictures of it on the couch in my office.

I think it is going to go on my credenza for now.

Here's a couple close ups of it's face.

I'm one of those guys who hasn't seen very many bobcat mounts that I like in the past, but I'm very happy with this one. This mount isn't perfect, but it is pretty darn good I think. The price was pretty reasonable, and the turn around time was pretty good too. It worked out pretty easy shipping the skin and he did an awesome job with the packaging shipping it back to me after it was mounted. I should have taken a picture of the way he had it boxed up, that was an art form by itself. When it is all said and done I'm REALLY happy that I shopped around and sent it off to a guy I knew would do a good job.

Another thing I noticed is how hard it is to take a picture of it that does it justice. I'm sure if I had a nice light colored backdrop and some good lighting I could make it look really good, but I just took pictures here in the office with a little point and shoot Canon camera.

Thought I would share.

Nathan

No comments: