Monday, September 15, 2008

One more post - trail camera pictures

Well, I said that I didn't think that I would be able to make another post before leaving for Wyoming, but I think I'm going to make one more post right now since it is already almost lunchtime and I don't want to start on the work project that I really need to get done today and then have to stop for lunch. Sounds like a good excuse anyway.

I did get a few good pictures from last weekend down at the land. With the tractor not working I didn't spend any extra time down there, just checked the cameras and filled the protein feeder and came home. The bad news was that the camera that I have setup looking at the protein feeder was dead when I got there. I thought the battery must have died but when I turned it on it showed to be at 99% with no pictures taken at all. I must have forgot to turn it on!! :-(

I did get some pictures of a new buck at the spin feeder though. Also it seems that either I am making a dent in the pig population or they are starting to spend more time someplace else. I only got a few pictures of pigs this time instead of getting pictures of them a few times each day like I have been.

Here's the new buck. I think he is 3 years old and it would be pretty hard to pass on him if I saw him during the daylight during hunting season.

The glowing eyes are a known issue with this particular camera model. It is a little wierd, but other than that issue the camera takes pretty good pictures. This is the same buck, he is a nice 10 point but hopefully I will be able to pass on him and if he makes it through the season he will be a great buck next year.

I did get some new pigs on camera this time. Not sure if the others moved out so these moved in or exactly what is going on. These almost look like domestic pigs with their spots.

Lastly the bucks are starting to shed the velvet off their antlers. That means that breeding season is just a month or two around the corner and the bucks will quit hanging out together. So far just the younger bucks have started losing their velvet but the older bucks are probably just a few weeks away.


Okay, that's it for now.

Nathan

No comments: