Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Where did January go?!!!

Well, January flew by in record time!

I started a diet and have lost about 10lbs so far with about 10 more to go.

I was able to go out to the land last Saturday afternoon and check the cameras and fill the feeders. Nothing too exciting on the trail cameras, I have several young bucks that are regularly visiting and I had a few pictures of a mature buck and that is for sure an improvement over last year when I only saw 1 buck on camera until October. Here is the nicest buck I got a picture of this visit.




I have 30 - 5 foot square holes dug for the apple trees I'm buying in a couple weeks. I have a guy lined up to dig them up with a backhoe and I'm expected to end up with somewhere between 30 and 40 trees! They are 7 year old apple trees in several different varieties and most are already producing apples. I'm getting a good deal on them but the trick is going to be getting them dug up and transplanted without losing too many of them. I'm planting 18 of them around the house and the rest of them down at the land in 2 different groups. I'll hopefully have some pictures on my next post.

Work is going good, a little hectic but just a couple more months of busy season and then it will slow back down a little hopefully.

That's about it on my end.

Nathan

No comments: