Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Nothing too exciting around here so far this year. We didn't make it until midnight on New Year's Eve, but we had a good lunch on New Years day and ate plenty of Black Eyed Peas for good luck.

Eli is really starting to walk well now. He's had several excursions where he walks 20 or 30 feet without stopping to hold onto anything. He still falls some, but he has figured out how to break his fall for the most part and doesn't seem to let falling down deter him any. He's enjoying playing with all his new toys and we have been trying to take plenty of pictures and video tapping him as he meets his new milestones. At some point we are going to have to take the hours of video that we have and edit it and put it on a dvd or something.

No new hunting stories to tell. Cathy is pretty tired of me hunting and with work picking up like it is I really don't have the time to do any hunting anyway. I still want to try to make it down the the land once a month or so to check my cameras and check on everything else, but probably won't get to do any real hunting. I'll bring my rifle of course because there is always a chance to see some pigs and they really need thinned out. Hopefully my new protien feeder will still be okay when I make it back down there. I will probably bring some hog panels and try to get a low fence built around the feeder that the deer can easily jump over but the pigs won't be able to.

I'm going to try to start losing some weight starting when I get back home on the 5th or 6th. I'll be doing the introductory part of the Atkins diet for a couple weeks and trying to get a jump start on getting back to where I want to be. I'm really only about 20lbs over what I want to be so hopefully I can get there quickly and then work on maintaining it after that. I also want to start working out sometime soon probably after daylight savings time starts to try to get in good shape for elk hunting in Wyoming this fall if I get drawn.

I'm out on the road right now and Cathy is visiting her sister near Ft. Worth. It has been fairly cold in Lubbock lately and it has been very dry also. Hopefully we will get some rain soon.

That's about it for now.

Nathan

No comments: